Click on the questions below to read the answers.
- Q: Are you bonded and insured? [+]A: Yes, we have insurance coverage. We are also bonded and have cleared a criminal records check.
- Q: What areas do you service? [+]
- Q: What are your office hours? [+]A: Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
If you call and get our answering service, please leave a message. We return all calls the same business day. If you call on a Friday evening or weekend, we will return your call Monday morning (next business day). If there’s an emergency or you want to book a service for Monday, you can reach us by email. Visit our Contact Us page. Although we don’t have office hours on weekends, we are typically working for our pet sitting and pet hosting clients.
* All booking requests are not confirmed as "booked" until upfront payment has been received.
Services offered Monday to Friday:
Dog Walking, Group Adventure Dog Walks and Dog Daycare
Services offered 7 days per week:
Dog Sitting, Dog Hosting and Cat Sitting
- Q: How do I register my pet for your services? [+]If you are a returning client simply call our booking line at 888.278.2221. Messages are returned before the end of each business day. If you are a new client to Pathfinder Pet Care, please fill out our online Service Request form. You can also call or send us an e-mail. Once we hear from you, we’ll respond to schedule an initial consultation to meet in person.
- Q: What qualifications do you have to care for my pet(s)? [+]A: Owner/Operator, Chantale Fontaine has over 20 years experience being responsible for the health and wellbeing of domestic pets. In her lifetime, she’s cared for dogs (large & small breeds), cats, rabbits and horses. She’s a lifetime pet owner and has rescued horses. Chantale is certified in Pet First Aid and is committed to contributing to the safety and happiness of your pet. She’s a true animal lover and advocate.
- Q: What does the initial consultation entail? [+]A: Prior to booking your dog walking or pet sitting service, we will arrange to meet with you and your pet(s) for a free 30-minute consultation. In the consultation we learn more about your pet’s personality and its specific care needs. We’ll discuss expectations, set-up an emergency plan, and answer any questions you may have. We want you to feel confident about leaving your pet(s) with us. Our top priority is the health, safety and happiness of the animals in our care.
- Q: What kind of pets do you care for? [+]A: We specialize in dogs and cats; however, if you have additional family critters at home we would be happy to care for them under your guidance.
- Q: Do you come to my house or do my pets go to your house? [+]
- Q: Do we need to meet every time I leave town? [+]A: We don’t need to meet every time you leave town if you’re a registered client and we’ve pet sat in your home before. You will need to make arrangements to give us a copy of your house key to gain access to your pet while you’re away.
- Q: How does our Pet Sitter get access to my home? [+]A: We will need a copy of your house key to gain access to your home. The key will be carefully stored for security purposes. Once you have returned from your trip, we will make arrangements to return your house key to you.
- Q: How many times per day do you come to my house while I'm away? [+]A: For cats, we visit your home a minimum of once per day for 30 minutes. Additional time/visits can be added at your request.
For dogs, we visit your home a minimum of three times per day for 30 minutes each time. Additional time/visits can be added at your request. If your dog is alone, we recommend our Dog Hosting service. This way your dog is not left home alone and gets the benefit of getting around the clock love and attention in our home.
- Q: What if my pet becomes ill or injured while I'm away? [+]A: During our consultation we will set-up an emergency plan. We are experienced in Animal First Aid. If anything happens, we will assess your pet’s condition and if need be, contact your preferred veterinarian or 24 hour emergency facility. If your pet requires medical care, we will contact you as soon as possible at the emergency numbers you have provided and keep you informed throughout your pet’s treatment. We recommend you notify your vet that you’ll be away and your pet will be under our care during your absence.
- Q: Do you administer medication to pets? [+]A: Yes, we administer regular medication as per your vet’s instructions. We do not prescribe or diagnose, as we are not trained in the field of veterinary medicine.
- Q: Do I get updates on how my pet is doing when I'm away? [+]
- Q: How long is each Group Adventure Dog Walk and where do you go? [+]A: Each Group Adventure Dog Walk (including pick-up and drop-off of the dogs) lasts up to 3 hours. The actual walking time is 1 hour to 1.5 hours in length. The degree of difficulty depends on the energy level and physical capabilities of the dogs in the group.
We explore different outdoor areas in Delta such as, North 40 at Boundary Bay Airport, Boundary Bay Dyke Trail, Millennium Trail, Watershed Park, etc.
- Q: What deposits and up-front payments do you require? [+]A: Payments and scheduling can be made on either a weekly or monthly basis. All services are paid in full in advance during the reservation process, with the exception of drop-in (pay-as-you-go) dog walking and dog daycare. Payment for drop-in services is due on the day the service is scheduled.
- Q: What is your cancellation policy? [+]
- Q: What forms of payment do you accept? [+]A: Currently we accept cash, money orders and personal cheques. Cheques are payable to Pathfinder Pet Care. Please keep gratuities separate.
Cheques can be mailed or dropped off at 5495 Westminster Ave, Delta, BC, V4K 2J4.
- Q: What other terms, policies, or conditions do you have in place for Pathfinder Pet Care? [+]